Sunday, March 4, 2012

Daycare

The other night the my wife and I started talking about when we wanted to have/start the process of another child. We definitely wanted to have time between so our daughter could get time on her own and we didn't want to have two in diapers. When talking about all of the parts of having another child (expenses) we talked about daycare. Currently our daughter goes to daycare at my best friend/her godmothers in home care, I worked there when I was in high school and wouldn't want her to be anywhere different. Because we know them we get a bit of a discount and are so grateful for that, however we realized even if we got the discount continued there is no way with our current salaries that we could afford to have another one in daycare.
So then talking about what we could do about this because we defiantly want to have another child, we came to the conclusion that I would open an in home daycare and work from home. I was hesitant with this idea because working daycare before I know how overwhelming lots of kids can be. We brought up the idea to our friends (my wife's high school friends) who are all starting to or having children and they said that they would totally have their kids come to our daycare. This is the only way I would do this because A) its guaranteed income and B) They are good people.
The inner struggle I have is that in order to make it convenient for them we would need to move to the city my wife grew up in which is 20 miles away from where we live now (the city I grew up in) where my moms and sisters and friends live. I feel like so many things are pushing this to happen, so many things are falling into place and when this happens I feel like it is the universe telling you this is the path to go on.
However I have not brought this up to my friend who is my current daycare to let her know my plans, so much to think about how I will tell them. Part of me feels bad yet I have to do what is right for me and our family and we want more children and this is the only way.

Send good thoughts our way while we start searching for a new house in a new city and move our life forward.

1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of good vibes your way. Don't feel bad about doing what is right for your family. You would be doing it miles and miles away from where your current friends daycare is so it's not like you are taking money out of her pocket (except your own money). When I go back to work I think Ash and I will have to work seperate shifts so that we don't have to pay for daycare. Good luck with the potential move and baby making.

    ReplyDelete